Friday 29 April 2011

Cross-training - remembering how to suffer!

Last night I went along to a Manchester Wheelers Club 10 time trial, the last time I did one of these was in 1993, a whole 18 years ago! Crikey that makes me feel very old.
To welcome me back to competitive (only gently) cycling I managed to be the 13th person to sign on at the event - not sure I believe in superstition but wasn't very happy all the same!

So I coughed up my £3 and lined up for some lung burning, leg cramping suffering and pain.
26.35minutes later I was practically vomiting but safely back from my 2 laps of the quite windy circuit. It definitely wasn't one of those "float" nights they talk about!
My personal best at the peak of my cycling obsession was somewhere between 22 and 23 minutes - alzheimers setting in I can't actually remember the time!

These time trials happen every couple of weeks during the summer so I think I'll be heading back to try and improve.......

No comments: